How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 117420
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have recently moved to Hungary from the US. We hired a

Customer Question

We have recently moved to Hungary from the US. We hired a company from the US to move our household goods from the US to Hungary in a container. The company subcontracted a German company to move the container from German port to Debrecen, Hungary
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: We had a contract with the US company for delivery from Houstn, TX to Debrecen, Hungary which oncluded $670 USD to be paid to the subcontracted company for delivery of our container from port to Debrecen. But when the German company took possesion of our container they informed us that we needed to pay $3000 euro.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We filed a small claims case in US court recently.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We were supposed to receive our container in August- almost 3 months ago.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
US company is in Pennsylvania. My question is how can we get our container. The German company put our container in storage and now says that we need to pay around $10,000EU to get our container. Is there any legal way that we can force them to deliver our container. WE never made a contract with the German company and we absolutely did not agree to the fees that they are charging us.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

So, if you have a contract with the US company, then the US company is liable to you for all of their agents and subcontractors. Thus, it is the US Company's job to get your container released. If the company refuses to assist in getting the container released, you would need to file suit against the US Company in PA for the damage and loss from their breach of contract. So you need to get an attorney in PA to represent you at the same sites used by other attorneys, or and you need a consumer protection law attorney to represent you to sue the company for all of the damages incurred as they agreed to get your property delivered to the US.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions