Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I want to sue comcast cable company... I have been having

Customer Question

i want to sue comcast cable company... I have been having issues and I just found out they reported my own personal tivo equipment lost or stolen and the only wat to remedy it is to bring my tivo box (which i mst stress again in my own personal equipment ) into the local store and have them clear it. I had the tivo company call them and tell them the tivo box is on my account and has been for several years but comcast still insist I have to physically bring it to them... They have no right to intrude on my personal belongings like this and I want to sue.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ma
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: as in?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, this is not legal cause to sue the company. If for some reason the box was lost or stolen, even through a mistake they are liable to correct that issue. However, the customer is also required to cooperate with trying to correct the error and if they need to see the box to verify it is your box and it was not lost or stole, they have a right to make such validation and if your box were stolen you would want them to make sure before hooking it up for someone who should not have it. BUT, I am afraid this is not illegal or against any contract for them to require you to present the box physically for them to clear it.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.