Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I would like to file a claim against Amazon. I have noticed

Customer Question

I would like to file a claim against Amazon. I have noticed that the company has taken money from my Amazon account and was not credited back to my account. I have spent over $1500 with them and have not seen some of my purchases and returns but the monies for payment has been taken.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 months ago.
I am sorry this happened. I will do the following: 1. suggest options for pursuing a case 2. preparation tactics 3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.

Is the answer acceptable?

thanks in advance for taking a moment to rate me.