How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need legal help to try and claim a warranty. I have spent

Customer Question

I need legal help to try and claim a warranty. I have spent over $5000 trying to get a motor replaced in my car and I am just getting the run around with the people I bought the motor from and the people that is supossed to be responsible.
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Well I am in North Carolina and they are in Michigan.
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: I contacted the company I purchased the motor from and they just send me to the person who rebuilt the engine. I purchased the motor from power train direct.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was paying Volkswagen dealer to install just so there wouldn't be any question about the validity of the mechanic. At this point they are starting to just avoid our calls. This has gone on for over 2months. The motor was no good from the start.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The first step under the Manguson Moss Warranty Act, federal law, is filing a complaint with the NC Attorney General and under the law they will mediate a resolution. If the attorney general cannot mediate the resolution over your situation, then you need to file suit against the company for breach of warranty and also possibly product liability to prove the engine problem is a manufacturing or design defect. Since the company is not calling you any longer, you need to move to your complaint with the Attorney General first and then to court if they cannot resolve the issue. In most cases though the Attorney General can resolve these issues.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not a lawyer that answer doesn't help me. So who can help me to file with the Attorney General. Also the company is in Michigan does that matter?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
seriously you just asked for more money? Have I been ripped off again? I am looking for an attorny that can help me I feel like the advertisment for this was misleading.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
that's it?