Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

Paulite, I signed a contract with Vivinr Solar to install

Customer Question

HI, my name I Joebel Paulite, I signed a contract with Vivinr Solar to install solar panels on my roof and promise me that they will charges me 10 cents less per kw/hr use than PG&E charges. Before I sign the contract I ask about the materials and equipments where it is made and the salesman told me they US company and they are all made in USA. After the installation the city inspector dis approved the permit because the conduit tubing did not meet the spec and the number of solar panels modules they installed 18 instead of 19. I wrote a letter to their main office in Utah that the Job Order is not right for the reasons that the materials does not meet what is in the submitted design to the city permit office and solar panels are made in China. They told me in an email that the salesman is not familiar with the materials being installed and he is not working with them now. So I wait for another month and inform them that if they could not repair and replace the solar panels that is made in US they had to removed the solar equipment from my property and terminate the contract. The are manager wrote me an email that at that stage of the contract my only option is to buy the unit. The signing of the contract was done in May 2014 and in January 2016 I received a notice that the permit is now approve by the city inspector. I wonder how the permit can be approved with out repair and no inspection had been made. PG&E send me an application for an agreement to solar connection. but I did not sign the agreement because vivint solar did not make any repair and replacement of solar panels. Vivint start to send me bills about my power consumption and I wrote them an email that Idid not switch on the unit. I call PG&E how this happen that I'm using grid power and not solar panel. PG&E told me that I sig
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: signed the agreement form and my name and signature appear at the agreement I told the PG&E that I did not sign the agreement I was instructed by PG&E to make a complaint to Contractors Board in Sacramento. I also wrote BBB of Utah about this matters but the Vivint Solar management reason that it has been approved by the inspector of City of Vallejo.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The salesman trap me in signing the contract by giving me a prepaid Visa card because I want to pay check every month but I won't pay with my credit card.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: They also send me a letter of default and they will charge me of $32,000.
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: California
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
you need to sue this company for breach of contract and unfair and deceptive business practices as well. So many of these solar companies are scams and this is likely another one. You need to report them to the CA Attorney General for unfair and deceptive practices as well. If the Attorney General does not go after them, you need to get a local attorney and sue them for unfair and deceptive practices, breach of contract and misrepresentation and you can seek up to triple damages plus attorney's fees for this type of unfair and fraudulent practice.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.