Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Had surgery that was done my an In-Network DR and In-Network

Customer Question

Had surgery that was done my an In-Network DR and In-Network hospital. However the Anesthesiologist as out-of-Network. How was I to know. I satisfied all of the deductible and out of pocket for the year. BCBS of SC paid the Anesthesiologist only $100 for a $1,500 invoice. Now the Anesthesiologist is after me for the balance. Is there anything I can do? I've been in contact with BCBS of SC and they keep telling me there is nothing more they will do. The coverage was purchased on the Obama care market....if that tells you anything. Help!
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.