How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19132
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a contract with court documents they

Customer Question

Hello my name is Kevin ******. I have a contract with court documents they stated ,I had a mortgage on a,property that I had owned when .i didn't,so when I sold some of my annuities to them .They got me about $77k, but didnt tell me exactly how much money they were getting from me.So for$79k they are receiving my funds till the year of 2014/2025-which be $300k and didn't clarify with me how,much I would,be *************.I was wondering is there away to get this contract Voided
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New York
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No.been trying to find someone to. hear my complaint
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no mam except I didn't receive lthe funds in a timely fashion and ended up homeless
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to read that you were taken advantage of.

You need to file complaint with your Attorney General's office and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. If your issue remains unresolved, you would need to retain the services of a local consumer Attorney to review the contract and if possible file lawsuit against the company for this unfair and deceptive act and practice. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Goodluck with your case,