Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

If I am paying for the extended warranty and their

representative comes out checks my...
If I am paying for the extended warranty and their representative comes out checks my motorhome and denies my claim do I not have the right to a copy of the report for which was taken in the actions why
10/26/2016
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You do have a right to receive a copy of the report and the warranty company must provide you with a process to challenge or appea;l the denial of service.

If they are denying the service for an invalid reason you may be able to get relief through one or all of the following processes:

1) You can file a complaint with your State's Attorney General Office of Consumer protection. It costs you nothing to file the complaint and the Attorney General may be able to get them to honor the warranty.

2) You can file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The BBB is often able to intercede to get companies to help remedy these situations.

3) Depending on the costs of the repair you can file a suit in Small Claims Court. The clerk of your local Small Claims Court would have the forms that you need. During the court process you can subpoena the report as well.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney