Good afternoon Doreen,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge of just $5 more I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.
Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.
Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. How long ago did this take place?
2. Have you seen a physician about the chemical burns to your scalp?
3. What do you meant that the person was a trainee? Were they new to the salon or were they not yet licensed?
4. How much of your hair did you lose as a result of these chemicals?
5. Has the salon offered you anything---such as a monetary settlement----for the harm done to your hair?
Thanks in advance,