Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I am wanting your advice on the subject of burning of the

Customer Question
scalp, loss of hair, extremely...
I am wanting your advice on the subject of burning of the scalp, loss of hair, extremely damaged hair, Salon worker did not listen to what I wanted and did what she wanted to do with out my permission.. I just needed my roots done to match my already colored hair, pointed to the color in a photograph.. the product that she used on my hair was old or something because I felt it burning my scalp and told her to stop and cool off my head! I asked if she was aware of this product doing this and she said that when she does hr hair it "tingles for a while" she was young but her hair looked like Rosana Rosanadana....I had tole her that I was very hesitant about going to a salad I usually do my hair myself.. but I have difficulty with the back of my head in blending.. I told her that I needed to cover the grey coming in at the temple again and I needed color there.. She did just the opposite and instead made it white!! I was in shock when she said that my hair was all done.. as it was drying I could not really se what color my hair was but I could not really see because the area was dim except for the spot light from above.. and the fact that it needed to dry I was trying to stay calm which I was.. but in side I was holding my shock to myself.. I went to look in the bathroom there and a woman behind me pointed out that there was a big dark blotch on the back of my favorite orange blouse (again I was in shock about this as well ) I was told to pay up regardless of my horrible outcome. I asked to speak with the manager/ owner and she just refused to help or remedy the situation!! I also told her about my damaged blouse besides the fact that this "trainee" did not listen at all to what I wanted and came in for I never ever told her to "strip my hair" EVER! She had said something like break back which I had no idea what that was.. and I told her I didn't know what she was talking about... I wanted a strawberry blonde color to match the color that I already had.. all the other clients were getting their roots done (about three by another hair dresser near me) I assumed that this girl would do the same after I told her that I just needed my roots done and pointed out the color.. After I kept trying to figure out why my hair looked so bad I asked her what she did and then she said that she STRIPPED my hair completely and then I asked her what color she put in and she said that she put in a dark ash blonde...which means she took out all my color from my hair.. so that is way it was all washed out and damaged looking. I said that maybe if in a few weeks I can make it lighter or put highlights back in m y hair and she said "I wouldn't recommend it!" all the bone highlight that looked so beautiful had either broken off or fell out after my hair had dried naturally.. it kept falling out FROM THE ROOTS for weeks! I called again and talked with a senior colorists and she just kept saying oh, no, oh, no . I asked her to tell the person in charge to help me with what had happened she said that she would and that she would call me back ..It never happened! I was suppose to finally meet a very special person that I had built a four year relationship on line.. I had kept delaying our meeting until I lost some weight and I need to do y roots.. He had been very patient with me after four years.. I told the hairdresser this from the start!!! He was the person of my dreams.. He is very well liked, I have helped him with his charities and his music.. I have 2000 regular face book friends that have been following us regularly.. I have become a hermit now because I cannot trust in my decision making and feel extremelyy insecure now about my image.. I have always looked much younger than other people my age all my life... The loss of hair, the loss of color, the loss of covering the gray around my temple now has made me look so much more older now.. My online friend is rather famous and so are his circle of friends which has taken me so long to feel confident to meeting in person.. The fact that I had grown out my roots (which took months to let it grow out ...more delay) but then for this so called hairdresser to ruin my hair so that I could not touch it until it grows out (she didn't recommend that I do this) has made me withdrawn and extremely insecure to the point of depression.. I called again yesterday and talked again to the receptionist there and she said that she will have the owner/ manager call me.. No one has called me .. again! I have been looking at buying natural hair wigs which are extremely expensive and I am not sure how any of them are going to look.. To purchase them from a salon the good ones are over a thousand dollars.. so the cheapest way to go is to buy them directly in line.. But if it does not look right I have to send it back and it usually takes a long time before they refund the money and you have to keep checking after you have already paid off the credit card people.The cheap wigs are not what is real
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
10/26/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: LawTalk, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Lawyer

Good afternoon Doreen,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge of just $5 more I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. How long ago did this take place?

2. Have you seen a physician about the chemical burns to your scalp?

3. What do you meant that the person was a trainee? Were they new to the salon or were they not yet licensed?

4. How much of your hair did you lose as a result of these chemicals?

5. Has the salon offered you anything---such as a monetary settlement----for the harm done to your hair?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had to change my password ***** my pay pal account ...now I am seeing that the screen says Get Answers (is this your cite? ) they said that they need 47 dollars first before a reply.. Now I am short 47 dollars from my pay pal account WHAT is going on here?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your profile came up asking for 5 dollars more? I would really love it If someone can tell me what just happened here! I am constantly getting ripped off!!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You expect me to pay 5 dollars more when I have not even gotten help after I paid 47.00 already? What for? I never got an answer and you have depleted 47.00 from pay pal account. tell me what is going on here?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please send me a reply ASAP***@******.***

Because I am not an employee of JustAnswer I have nothing to do with billing. If you need assistance with billing questions, you can contact customer service at(###) ###-####

I made you an offer for me to call you because your question is so very complex. The call offer was for $5 more and I will be able to answer all of your questions over the phone.

Doug

Infolawyer, Lawyer