Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

It's pertaining to consumer rights. I purchased a car mid

Customer Question

It's pertaining to consumer rights.
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I purchased a car mid August at a dealership in Venice, FL. They had let me leave with the vehicle and everything after I signed the contract thinking the vehicle was mine. Turns out the salesman lied to the bank about my work history, when I gave accurate information on my initial application. Well, he began harassing me about getting on my managers to lie to the bank. I felt my job might be jeopardized, so I made the decision to return the car as the loan had not gone through. I paid 50 dollars to detail the car before returning it. In the 3 weeks I had the vehicle I had put 1500 miles on it. My down deposit on this vehicle was 2k dollars. Well, I returned the car early September and still have not received my refund for the deposit. They send me a copy of a check that was written on September 30th, but every time I call the corporate office to check its status they transfer me to all of the dealerships, and I never get a direct answer. I'm wondering if this is legal for them to do.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, I wasn't sure if there was a certain amount of days I had to wait before submitting a complaint to the BBB
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't believe so.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 12 months ago.

These types of deceptive trade practices are not legal. You may have to file a claim in small claims court however to get that money refunded.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating of 5 stars would be greatly appreciated.