Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
16823287

I have an question? I purchased a vehicle about 1 year ago.

Customer Question

Hello, I have an question?
I purchased a vehicle about 1 year ago. I have been driving the vehicle with the wrong VIN number. Ithe has caused a little distress by having to get the dealer to correct it. And they haven't as yet
Can I sue the company only for having to drive 1 year with the wrong VIN number?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

If this distress did not cause you to have to see a psychiatrist or other mental health type counselor, then an emotional distress claim is not likely to succeed. If you have suffered any money damages as a result of this issue, then you may have a civil claim based on why and how the harm was suffered. You may be able to sue for injunctive relief to get the VIN number corrected sooner rather than later.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.