How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 33456
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My car was towed after an accident and the tow yard has

Customer Question

My car was towed after an accident and the tow yard has applied to hold a lien sale of the car. I have submitted the declaration of opposition. What kind of lawyer should I find if the tow yardx takes me to court?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.
You would want a commercial or general litigation attorney to challenge this.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can the small claim court order the tow yard to release the car or we have to wait for the lien hearing?
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately, no, a small claims court would not be able to issue such an order. You will need to have the lien hearing.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions