How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald-Esquire Your Own Question
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 4193
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Gerald-Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband & I sold our RV which included an extended

This answer was rated:

My husband & I sold our RV which included an extended warranty. The buyer had 30 days to sign and apply for the unused part of the extended warranty. He failed to fulfill his obligation under the terms of the contract. We (sellers) fulfilled our requirements under the sale but extended warranty company will not issue our refund.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Buyer changed purchase date anf forged my husband's name to contract and then submitted for purpse of getting ext. Warranty. He had until Oct 13 to sign and file. He changed date to Oct 18 to still be eligible. Now ext. Warranty company refuses to reimburse us the $1600 balance on contract saying he forged docs and we need to file police report and hire an attorney.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess my question is since we fulfilled our obligation according to what is required under the law, aren't we entitled to the refund of $1600 due under the warranty? Also, why should we be required to file a police report since the documents he forged went to them. I have a copy of original documents he signed showing different info than what he provided them and we have provided them to the warranty company.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We don't see how this is our problem and We want to know what to say to warranty company that provides legal standin on the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, i dont want to talk by phone but not getting any response after I was asked to clarify?!?


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience. I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You should not be responsible for the actions of the buyer of the RV and you are not obligated to file a police report (although you can).

If you have fulfilled your responsibilites under the agreement, then the warranty company is in breach of contract by not paying you the refund.

Because the amount involved is relatively small you may wish to pursue this in small claims court.

Before going to that expense however, it may be more beneficial for you to file a complaint with your state's Attorney General Office of Consumer Protection for unfair trade practies. You may also want to file a complaint with the BBB. You can do both of those things at no cost to you.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

I see that you have been delayed in getting a full response. I hope my response was helpful to you. Please let me know if you have follow up questions. I will respond as soon as I can.

Kind regards,


Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Satisfied Customers: 4193
Experience: 30 years of experience
Gerald-Esquire and 2 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you