Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I purchased a car in 2005 and bank wants to come after me

for remaining bal. The...
I purchased a car in 2005 and bank wants to come after me for remaining bal. The car that was sold to me is a lemon,is defective and unsafe....it has been recalled many times and "fixed" by dealership but is still defective.....do I still have to pay them even when all I asked was for them to fix issues and make car safe to drive?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes! 2,400 is what they want me to pay ...
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Rough est...?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes..I still have car and only drive to and from work b/c afraid of issues
10/19/2016
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

I'm sorry to say that you're confusing the seller with the bank. The seller sold you a lemon, not the bank. The bank merely loaned you money that you requested so that you could buy that lemon. Accordingly, if you have any recourse against anybody for selling you the lemon, it's the seller. Unfortunately, the bank is still owed the remaining balance on the loan since it's not at all responsible for whether or not the car was a dud.

I am truly sorry that my answer may be bad news for you, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know, and I will be happy to clarify my answer.

Also, despite the bad news, I would certainly appreciate it if you remember to provide a positive rating via the stars, as it is the only way that I'll get credit for answering your question(s). Thank you. :)

TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney