How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 57310
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We bought a truck for my son from a dealer. We were made

Customer Question

We bought a truck for my son from a dealer. We were made aware of a couple of things that would need foxed for inspection and found a few cracks in the frame ourselves. When we took the truck to have the frame repaired it was worse than ee were aware of and the whole frame broke. We habe gone to the dealer to try to get the money back but he is refusing and there is no way it will ever pass inspection in PA. Also was sold to us with outdated inspection.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: PA and 1995 Dodge Dakota
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: No. We bought it used from the dealer 3 weeks ago
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He also gave us a new plate and registration for the vehicle.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

I can suggest options for pursuing a case and preparing it. would you like that?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would like to know what my options are. I am plannong on filing a vehicle fraud report with the state police.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

You can further file a complaint with the BBB, attorney general office, and file a civil lawsuit.

It is also helpful to have a timeline narrating the facts with corresponding documentation.

Local counsel can also get involved, often on contingency fee basis.