How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 37672
Experience:  I have more than 25 years experience in the legal profession.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sued my previous attorney and effectively lost in SC,

Customer Question

I sued my previous attorney and effectively lost in SC, Justice, Court, Collin County, Texas.
He counter-claimed for his time.
I have been sent the result by the court I owe him $500.00.
The appeal time is over as no lawyer would take the case.
Does he send me a bill and I pay that, or do I just send him the money?
He screwed me over once, now he gets to screw me over a second time.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good morning Ron,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The court Judgment is the bill and you will not receive a separate bill from the attorney. You simply need to pay the amount of the judgment to the attorney and demand that in exchange that they prepare and file a court document known as a Satisfaction of Judgment/Release of Judgment which will be placed in the court file indicating that you have paid the judgment in full. The attorney will have the form/format for the Release.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What happens if I do not pay him?
Or how could he get the money if I do not?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

As you may not be aware, the Rules of JustAnswer specify that each customer ask one question in each question thread. These are new questions that you are asking. For new questions, the customer is asked to open a new question thread. I do sincerely ***** ***** any inconvenience this might cause you.

You may ask for me personally by referring to me by name (Doug) in your new question and I will be able to assist you. As the questions that you are posting are new, I am required to ask you to please open up a new question thread for them. Thank you for your understanding.