How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 118689
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a checking acct. with dei Paschi di Siena a Sesto

This answer was rated:

I have a checking acct. with Monte dei Paschi di Siena a Sesto Fiorentino in Ital?y. I have been trying to transfer money from that account to an account in my hometown. The bankers asked for info to satisfy FATCA. After sending the info to them, I have written 3 emails to the bankers. They won't respond. They have even stopped sending me monthly statements. What should I do next and how do I go about in doing it?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they refuse to release funds, despite you proving it satisfied FATCA, then your sole recourse is you must have an attorney in Italy pursue the bank on your behalf through the courts in Italy. You cannot take any action from the US other than hiring an attorney in Italy as they will have to contact the bank and if the bank does not respond to the attorney, then they have to sue the bank in the Italian court.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you