Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I was ripped off by a scammer using WesternUnion, what can I

Customer Question
do to get a full...
I was ripped off by a scammer using WesternUnion, what can I do to get a full refund or even sue the culprit
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: For WesternUnion???? But when I called the office the person speaking on the phone said I couldn't get my money back
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made? We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: The scammer requested that the money be sent to Patterson New Jersey. I have all the information he gave me
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I reported the case to WesternUnion and the culprits account was blocked and I was given a fraud number but I wasn't told how I could get a refund
JA: You can process your own refund by going to the Order History page and clicking on the "How do I get a refund" link below the amount paid for your question.
Customer: On the western union website?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The scammer is still running an Instagram shopping page he uses to lure his victims and he is also trying to make a deal with me, that I should find him two customers and he'll give me $150 along with the item I purchased
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
10/17/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me a bit about the scam - what happened?

Infolawyer, Lawyer