Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

Yesterday I bought a dishwasher from Bing, a brand new one.

Customer Question
yesterday I bought a dishwasher...
yesterday I bought a dishwasher from Bing Lee, a brand new one. today delivery came and they ring me a unpack washer machine not even with the plastic around. they gave me the silly excuse that the box was damage and they had to check the washing machine, plus the machine had 3 bends. I refused to take it, called the store I asked to speak with the manager they told me to leave my number. I went to the store and because I asked for a refund I got abuse by the manager in front of everyone in the store, I felt so discriminated and the manager told me to fix my marriage problems. I freeze because what I was trying to explain to him has nothing to do with my marriage, what can I do????
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: ACT
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: No what for???
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
10/15/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: KnowYourRights, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
KnowYourRights

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I am sorry to hear about what you had to deal with. First, you did not have to accept delivery of the product if it was not in brand new condition. If there were bends and other concerns, they need to return with a bran new, in the box item. Moreover, unless they have a no return policy, they should issue you a refund, as you never accepted delivery and there were issues. Finally, if their manager did this, you can speak with and file a complaint with their corporate office,to inform them of this, so they can take action. As far as the ability to sue them, you would need to show damages, as a result of what it said to you.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Infolawyer, Lawyer