Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I have a c-pap machine I don't use but the company keeps

Customer Question

I have a c-pap machine I don't use but the company keeps billing me. Its gotten complicated, but basically, I want to give it back and be compensated for what I paid (about 1,000) since I have only used it for about 30 hours. Any way I can do that?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Kansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much will this cost me? I am newly retired with health issues and having some difficulty with expenses right now.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Whether or not you use the machine is not the issue. If you have an agreement with them for the machine, what does the contract state about terminating that agreement?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will have to get the contract out and check. It does say they were supposed to check on my use of the machine after 3 months use. They didn't. I will check on this and find out what I need to do to get further information when I am able. Probably later today. Thank you.
Thank you for your reply.
You need to check, because even though they may have been responsible for checking on your use, legally you had the responsibility of notifying them as well. So you need to let me know what the contract states.