How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6391
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to get ack money I paid for a service tat I was

Customer Question

i am trying to get ack money I paid for a service tat I was toold I needed whichn I didn't need
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: il
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no iam wanting to know if I hae a case
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It has to do with termites in my home that I paid for but wastold there wasn't activity and had never been
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

You may be able to sue in small claims court on a claim of fraudulent inducement if the service provider misrepresented to you that you needed termite protection when you in fact had no termites. You may need to hire an independent termite specialist to come testify on your behalf to prove up your case.

Please Note:

(1) The information provided above is general in nature and for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information. If you need or want legal advice you should consult with a local lawyer of your choice who can better guide you after reviewing all the pertinent facts and details. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and

(3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.