How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 56892
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been having trouble with consumer's power out of

Customer Question

I have been having trouble with consumer's power out of Lansing Michigan all year every sense they installed those damn smart meters without my permission... I spoke with someone prior to installation not to remove the original meters they did it anyways and every sense my bill's are all messed up, I have two address with trouble.... I am not getting anywhere while trying to deal with them... All that is happening is me getting really pissed off!!!! The latest incidence I was sent four bill's for the same address with different amounts on each one due the same time... The other address they are saying I have not been paying when I pay every month on time or before... They say my bill is this amount and I'm saying that it is not they are trying to charge me a huge bill saying that it is the two bills combined that I have not paid but my last two bills for that address that I have paid don't even add up to the amount they say I owe.... what kind of lawyer will i need????
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 10 months ago.
You need a consumer lawyer. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 10 months ago.

thanks in advance.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions