How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 116704
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I legally invest other people's money in a forex

Customer Question

How do I legally invest other people's money in a forex fund?For example, I can take my friend Jimmy's $2000, double it and make $4000 total. I can then give Jimmy back his original $2000 plus a 15% interest of $300 giving back total of $1300 for Jimmy and I keep the remaining $1700 profit in my pocket.How do I do this legally?Can I just form an LLC, have Jimmy "gift" me the $2000, do the investing and "gift" him back "$2300."
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In order to invest money for others, you would need to be a FOREX licensed broker through the Securities and Exchange Commission if you are located in and are selling services in the US. See:
If you do this in the US without a license, you can be charged with securities fraud. Here are the SEC FOREX registration and licensing regulations:
You need to be a licensed securities broker and set up your separate accounts and have your errors and omissions broker insurance in place in order to legally operate in the US.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions