How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It has to do with health insurance, N.Y. no, My wife was

Customer Question

it has to do with health insurance
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: N.Y.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My wife was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. We want to be treated by a doctor that is in her network, but works in a hospital that is out of network, and the hospital is denying us.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that. You can get a preauthorization approval from the insurance company to go to this hospital. Your position would be it would be an undue burden to go to a different doctor then the one she is seeing. Be sure they provide your approval in writing so that there are no issues later.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions