Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

Can a cancel a tree service contract in Georgia where the

Customer Question
work has not started and...
Can a cancel a tree service contract in Georgia where the work has not started and is is less than 24 hours ?
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: There is no manufacturer it is service contract
JA: The lawyer is ready to answer your consumer protection question. Is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: the rep mis stated some facts and disn't inform me that it was abinding contract
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
10/6/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: KnowYourRights, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
KnowYourRights

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Can you share with me the basis for which you want to cancel it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They told me that the life of a red oak was just 30 years - it is actually 200 to 500 years,
did not inform me that it was legally binding, that info was on the back of the form and in about 8 point type

Thank you. If there was misrepresentation by the representative, which you relied on, then you could have a basis to cancel and break the contract. After all, had he properly told you the age of the oak and lack of need, to have it trimmed or cared for, then you would have never entered into this contract. Now, as far as the issue and any language, it needs to be in a conspicuous place. If it was hidden and you could not see it, then you can also have a defense. Overall, if you do not want them to work, you can advise of the same, in writing and not pay. If that happens, the burden would shift to them, to sue you, if they want to claim they were damaged.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

KnowYourRights
KnowYourRights
KnowYourRights, Lawyer