Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney,16 years experience in consumer protection areas
19958803

We sold a motorcycle for 3,000 the guy took the bike and

Customer Question

We sold a motorcycle for 3,000 the guy took the bike and never paid. We have text saying he is going to pay but keep getting excuses
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Do you know where the person lives or works?

.

Does he have the title for the bike?

.

Was he supposed to pay later? How did he get the bike without paying you for it?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We do know where he lives. He does have the title. My husband is in the army and was trying to get him the bike before the season was over so went to the notary. The bike didnt start but the guy want to fix it quick so husband gave him keys but could stay with him because work called him back. This guy and my husband were going to the bank together but he never showed up

Ok, then your recourse here is to file a small claims lawsuit against the person and sue them for breach of contract. You don't need an attorney and can get the summons and complaint forms from the court clerks to start the case. Once you get a judgment, you can get a writ to garnish any wages or seize bank accounts to pay the judgment.

.

.

thanks