Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I traded a truck on another truck at a car lot, they were

Customer Question
Hello, I traded a truck...
Hello, I traded a truck on another truck at a car lot, they were offering a limited lifetime power train warranty with purchase. I signed all paperwork and the warranty was last paper I received and that night as I looked closer at warranty I discovered it would not cover this truck. Do I still have to except the deal .I purchased this vehicle thinking I would have this warranty.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: I'm in Tennessee and I traded a 2009 model for a 2012 and gave them seven thousand to boot
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: No the manufacturer has nothing to do with this warranty it was offered by the carlot
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The part that the warranty doesn't cover is if it is lifted. The truck has airbags on the back and the torsion bars are extended all the way up on the front which is causing a tow end problem. I had taken the truck to my mechanic and he told me the torsion bars needed to be adjusted back down and a lift kit put in its place to fix the problem and I told dealer this before purchase. Now they are telling me the air bags need to be taken off to lower truck so this warranty is good. I bought the truck because it had air bags because they make it ride better when towing
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/30/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

A warranty that doesn't cover the vehicle you purchased it for is worthless. If the warranty was agreed to based on a mutual mistake of fact that it would cover your truck, that agreement is invalid and the car lot needs to reimburse what you spend on the warranty.

They can also be required to void the entire sale if you can establish that (a) they knew you were only buying the vehicle because of the warranty or (b) they intentionally lied and told you the warranty would cover the truck to induce you to make the purchase.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They said I didn't purchase warranty it was free although they charged a 450.00 dollar fee for something I can't remember the word they used and I don't have my paperwork in front of me at the moment. I think I may still have time to cancel my seven thousand dollar check should I do this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't want the call I will just text
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you answer my other questions

Thank you for your patience. Sometimes it takes us a few minutes to receive notification that a customer replied.

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer