How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 31781
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a new car today in Tennessee. I want to return it

Customer Question

I bought a new car today in Tennessee. I want to return it and get my old car back The car is fine but I am having second thoughts about the payments and the 72 month loan. The sales manager says they don't have a return policy so I will just have to work out the payments. It there something I can do to make this happen?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a lawyer in Tennessee. I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, there is no buyer's remorse or rescission period under the law; instead, you're 100% committed the moment you sign the contract. The only exception would be if the contract calls for a cancellation period -- but that is highly unlikely.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Thus, the only way you could get out of your deal with the seller is if it voluntarily agrees to let you out of your obligation.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!