Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I'm having a issue with wellsfargo where I noticed extra

Customer Question
Hi, my name is Marcella...
Hi, my name is Marcella, I'm having a issue with wellsfargo where I noticed extra money in my acc and then not there. My mom went on line to see what is going on and we saw all these fraud checks with my name on them saying ISF and they still was trying to cash the checks. I called the bank and told them what I've noticed on my account. Wells Fargo said they will help me. They will close account open me a new one and keep both account separate so we can investigate the account. Well a month later they still putting these counterfeit checks in my account and charging me on my new account and denying me my case. I had 5 claims denied? This last check that went thru the bank cashed it and then took money out my new account to pay of the fake check and will mail me the remaining balance of what's left in my new account and I can't never bank with Wells Fargo again. This is very stressful, putting me behind in my bills and also the bank is saying there's nothing they can do about it my case is closed and denied. I'm at a lost and need some assistance with this matter. I'm trying to figure out why they would cash counterfeit checks on my closed account. Hope to hear from you soon and can get some answer on this matter thank you again.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/23/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under their terms of service, they have to provide fraudulent check protection and if they are failing to do so when you have reported the fraud, then they are in breach of contract and you can sue the bank for their inaction. So, since you have filed a complaint with them about the fraudulent checks and activity they had to close the account and you are not supposed to be liable under their fraud protection. If they have not done so and refuse to do so, then you need to engage a local consumer attorney and you would need to file suit against WF for breach of contract for not honoring their fraud protection in their account contract with you.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer