Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My wife didn't notice that our HOA fees had gone up by

Customer Question

My wife didn't notice that our HOA fees had gone up by $5.00, and the association did not contact us to let us know that we were under-paying for more than a year. When they finally let us know, between penalties and fees, they had ballooned our debt to over $3700 and handed it over to a collection agency. Can I easily get it reduced to a more reasonable amount?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Have you filed any type of appeal with them to see if they will waive any late fees due to the mistake?

.

Did they notify the owners in writing that the fees were going up prior to them doing so?

.

Do they send out invoices each month to the owners?

.

.

thanks