How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 102504
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been sued with forms pld-c-001 (complaint contract ),

Customer Question

I have been sued with forms pld-c-001 (complaint contract ), sum-100 ( summons ), cm-010. which forms I need to fill out, this is civil case for $4,700 and $375 lawyer fees.
I'm in California what form do I use to respond to this ???
This collection agency (The Best Service Co. INC) states I owe them amounts above. I owed First City Credit Union in which is now a charge off on my credit. But this collection agency says I owe them for money lend.
I do not deny I owe amount above to the credit union. But when I tried to call collection agency and make payment arrangements. I was told "You 7000 with intrest and attorney fees and if I you cant pay it back in 36 months at 200 a month because he is not going to accept anything less" I couldn't believe this.
I'm in California what form do I use to respond to this ???
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Someone in your situation wants to file an ANSWER, for which a form exists (see HERE), or for which an answer may be written out. You can find step by step instructions on how to file (and what, along with the answer) HERE.

The answer may be filed even if the Defendant (i.e. you) is not in California. It is BEST to retain counsel, because it would make this a lot simpler. If you do not have counsel (or even if you do), you may need to appear in Court. If so, and if you cannot make it due to being outside of CA, a Motion for Telephonic Hearing would be required to ask the Court's permission to appear via video/telephone. This would then be at the Judge's discretion.

Unfortunately, the collector does not have to work on a payment plan. If the debt is owed, he may file a lawsuit against you for it.

Good luck.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.