How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6823
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A used-car dealer sold a car to my husband with dementia. I

Customer Question

A used-car dealer sold a car to my husband with dementia. I explained to him of my husbands condition when he delivered the car He remarked." It's too late, he signed the papers" I was not familiar with a law giving us time to recant. After a short time, I called the dealer who sold us the car to please buy it back. He did so and paid me half of what we paid. He then proceded to file for the unused portion of the service policy that we paid for and kept the money. I contacted him for five months asking for the $2thousnd dollars which he received and his reply was that it was not due us because the car had been purchased on credit. We are both over 80 years old and could use the money. What rights do we have?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Has your husband been declared legally incompetent?

How long ago was the purchase?

Do you still owe for the service policy bought on credit?