How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 7305
Experience:  Attorney 40 plus years private practice. Real Estate, Wills, Trusts, Injury claims. Still active.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son got me to sign a document which ended up looking like

Customer Question

my son got me to sign a document which ended up looking like i gifted my 2,000,000 ranch for 500,000. he used the equity in my ranch to pay mortages and paid 150,000. my part was 500,000. I am 72 years old and it leaves me with nothing. but soc sec no car that is reliable. because it was gifted i am not eligble for anything not even a place to live. my son and his wife are both realestate agents. I had no lawyer or anyone to advize me for taxes or anything
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER. I'm truly sorry to hear about this situation. What you describe sounds like it could qualify as "elder financial abuse". Montana has a specific statute that deals with cases like yours. It also has adult protective services, and I urge you to get in touch with someone there as soon as possible. Here is their contact information: Please call them before you try to do anything like file lien claims or the like without first consulting an attorney specialist in elder law cases.

I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions