How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 56812
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently went to my local Verizon Store to upgrade my

Customer Question

I recently went to my local Verizon Store to upgrade my phone. While there the salesman stated that if I purchased a certain phone then I could get a "free" tablet. He showed me the tablet. I accepted and walked out. Little did I know that there was a $10 per month line charge associated with this "free" tablet. With taxes this $10 became $12 something. This is monthly for the next 24 months. Well today I cancelled this tablet and the telephone #***-***-**** associated with it. The cancellation fee will be $175.
I don't think the attorney general's office is looking out for the best interest of the public when things like this is going on. Your thoughts?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

The AG is a good option but let me suggest some other things.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.
I am sorry this happened. I will do the following: 1. suggest options for pursuing a case 2. preparation tactics 3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Kindly rate me five stars.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Thanks in advance.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions