Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I recently went to my local Verizon Store to upgrade my

Customer Question

I recently went to my local Verizon Store to upgrade my phone. While there the salesman stated that if I purchased a certain phone then I could get a "free" tablet. He showed me the tablet. I accepted and walked out. Little did I know that there was a $10 per month line charge associated with this "free" tablet. With taxes this $10 became $12 something. This is monthly for the next 24 months. Well today I cancelled this tablet and the telephone #***-***-**** associated with it. The cancellation fee will be $175.
I don't think the attorney general's office is looking out for the best interest of the public when things like this is going on. Your thoughts?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

The AG is a good option but let me suggest some other things.

I am sorry this happened. I will do the following: 1. suggest options for pursuing a case 2. preparation tactics 3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Kindly rate me five stars.

Thanks in advance.