How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 118658
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was looking for a lawyer for itt tech, Florida, I just

Customer Question

I was looking for a lawyer for itt tech
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I just received a memo that there closing all itt tech nationwide
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to sue the school for charging me so much and leaving me in debt
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
At this point, yes ITT Tech has closed nationwide. The state attorney general needs to be your first step to file a complaint for fraud/unfair and deceptive practices. You also need to immediately notify the student loan company you have a loan with, as the news as of today (and remember this is brand new and just emerging) is that the current students who have student loans will be able for loan forgiveness for any loans to ITT and will not have to repay them.
Suing ITT will not generally be a viable option, because it appears they will be filing bankruptcy and that means you would not be able to recover anything from the school.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i file the complaint with the state attorney? And once that's done what usually happends next?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
You contact your state attorney general,
You also contact your student loan company.
They will review the matter and from what we are being told, again this is a brand new situation, the student loan companies are supposed to be forgiving the loans for current students who were enrolled when the school closed.