How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

WE live in south Louisiana. WE had our roofing tiles removed

Customer Question

WE live in south Louisiana. WE had our roofing tiles removed and replaced with a 35 year warranty tiles. One side of our house the corner of the tiles is curling up. contacted manufacture and rep.Manufacture places blame on all but product it self. Options??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to learn about this situation.

You can sue the manufacturer for product defect and breach of contract (warranty) claims in state court.

(If you had a contractor or roofer install the tiles, I do recommend naming them as defendants as well - you do not want to run into the "empty chair defense" - where you get to trial and the manufacturer says "It wasn't our fault, it was the installation that caused the problems, and you are left looking at the "empty chair" because you didn't name the installer).

Short of filing a lawsuit, you can try to mediate the dispute with them - contact your local bar association and request referrals to mediators, a third party neutral can often help you reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Use the bar association's referrals to contact a mediator or two, the mediator will then contact the other party to set up a mediation session, and you can go from there - hopefully resulting in a formal or written settlement agreement, and save yourself the time and expense of litigation.