How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 117420
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Township Assesssor: Egregious response to refusing access to

Customer Question

Township Assesssor: Egregious response to refusing access to our house: Taxable inc 27.7%, Sev inc 36.3% We added a basement bathroom for our handicapped son to use while operating a little business.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under Michigan law you have the right to appeal your property tax assessment. To file an appeal you submit a written appeal to the local Board of Review and you appear before the board at one of their meetings to present your case to fight the assessment. If the board of review denies your appeal, then you can appeal to the Michigan Tax Tribunal. See:
You will need to present proof to the board and the tribunal as to why you believe the tax is not proper or the assessment is not correct.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions