How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald-Esquire Your Own Question
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 3987
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Gerald-Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I my hand between the wrist and the elbow, a second degree

Customer Question

I burnt my hand between the wrist and the elbow, a second degree burn it happened by go carting the muffler of the cart was not covered when it's supposed to be covered and that's why I burned myself my question is. is there a way to sue the place
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me as I verify somethings for you. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience

Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 11 months ago.


Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

I'm sorry that you have received such a painful injury. YES you can sue the Go Cart operator for their negligence in not properly maintaining the go cart and for allowing you to operate one which was defective to operate without the muffler guard.

This is a fairly straight forward personal injury law suit. The attorneys who do this work generally take these cases on a contingency basis. This means you do not pay attorneys fees unless you receive an award or a settlement. Also you should know that these operations are usually required to maintain insurance to cover these kinds of situations. So typically you are looking at a settlement.

Please note that most of the insurance companies take unrepresented persons less seriously than they do represented persons. I know that does not seem fair but it just is that way. So it is a good idea to obtain a personal injury attorney to help you with this.

You can use the following link to help you find a local attorney:

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,