How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 740
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an old judgment against is for a car I

Customer Question

I have an old judgment against is for a car I purchased in 2008 had it 2 weeks and told them to come get it.The car had problems from the day I drove it off the lott.It was in the service department for over 6 days I had it to drive for about 5 days but it still kept breaking down.I had put 3000 dollars down and even purchased a year protection warranty from ford company. Now I owe 10,000.00 and I want to buy a home and cant because of this judgement.What can I do to resolve this.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Tennessee.The car was a used 2004 I think.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: other than the car was a lemmon.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Thank you for your question. You can still ask clarifying questions if needed until you are satisfied, there is no charge for follow-up questions. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question. It is important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Finally, please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer favorably so that I may be compensated and the question may be closed in the system. I wish you the best in your endeavors! –Rich

Unfortunately, it is too late to bring any kind of lemon law claim against the dealer so unfortunately all you can do about the judgment is pay it off in full or some lesser amount that you can negotiate with them. (Or file bankruptcy to wipe it out).