Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My significant other, at the time, allowed me to use her

Customer Question

My significant other, at the time, allowed me to use her credit card for $3700 for a down payment for a new vehicle (it was a 0% rate card) with the agreement I would make planned payments to pay it off. The total was paid in full directly to the credit card company by me, but she filed a fraud case for those charges stating she didn't give me authorization to use that card. She told the credit card company I stole the card. I was in fear that I was going to lose my job and go to jail because of her accusations.
I have since talked with the credit card company, proved my payments were from my bank account but nothing as come as a result of that proof. I have also asked multiple times to ask her for the return of the $3700 and she refuses.
I am sueing her for the $3700 plus damages/pain and suffering for the fear of losing my job and potentially going to jail.
How do I go about doing this and getting this done quickly?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What do you mean by

Are you asking where to look to hire a lawyer?