How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 118286
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Concerning a sinkhole. If I bought a house that had a paid

Customer Question

Concerning a sinkhole. If I bought a house that had a paid sinkhole claim paid in 2010, but having read the engineering report generated by the claimant and insurance company saw no structural damage that could reasonably be attributed to a sinkhole (stated in report), how an I get this house removed from the sinkhole list? I am talking with remediators of sinkholes and it appears a great amount of damage will occur if the standard repairs are used. In essence, I would be fixing a house with no problem and the repair would most likely compromise the structure of the house. Because a sinkhole claim was paid, most likly in error or such, now what can I do to correct the situation and get our house removed from the sinkhole list.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The only way to remove the property from sinkhole lists is to have a geologist and civil engineer come to inspect the land and contradict the original report you have. Once you have the expert reports showing that there was no sinkhole and the claim was paid in error, you can challenge the listing on the sinkhole list and get the property removed, if not I am afraid you have to get it repaired