How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 2174
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Federal employee with health insurance BCBS standard.

Customer Question

Hi, I am a Federal employee with health insurance BCBS standard. Jan 2015, I had surgery in Florida, the doctor was a preferred provider. Unfortunately he used a non preferred health center, unbeknownst to me. Blue Cross sent a check to me the following February for $10,300 that never arrived, lost in the mail. In March, 2016, I heard from the surgical center demanding $118,000 because I didn't send them the check. I had BCBS reissue the check and sent it off to the Surgical Center. I thought all was fine. about a week later, BCBS sent me a collection letter saying they made a mistake and I needed to get the money back. The cut me another check for just over $2,000 and said that was the right amount. The Surgery Center refuses to refund the money. I expressed this in a letter to BCBS but was denied. Now I need to dispute with OPM. HelP! From what I read on the internet, this seems like an over payment and BCBS is not entitled to collect under the*****ERISA Decision. What is the best way to proceed with this? How would I go about finding a qualified lawyer to send the letter?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

You are on the right path. A lawyer may be able to get their attention. You can co tact your city or state bar association and ask for a referral to an attorney who specializes in insurance or healthcare

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.