How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19629
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was put in a mental health facility against my will. I was

Customer Question

I was put in a mental health facility against my will. I was told if i did not agree, the doc would petition and I would ho to the state hospital. I went to the facility to enroll in an outpatient 3 wk class and before I knew it, they were admitting me. I never said i was suicidal, my counselor and psychiatrist have no record of that before I went 2 the classes. I would like to file a civil lawsuit against the hospital and collect compensatory damages for mental pain and suffering incurred the 3 days I was locked up. I got out by refusing food and water for 3 days and the med doc finally released me. What do I do next?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post. I am sorry to read about your difficulties. I am preparing my response to your post and I will post it very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You need to find a local Attorney who handles health care and mental health issues to assist you with the lawsuit. You may also look for Attorneys who handle civil rights issues to assist in the matter.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Goodluck with your case,

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.