How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6391
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When am I entitled to a refund? I put 2,500 down on a car

Customer Question

When am I entitled to a refund? I put 2,500 down on a car and the dealership now whats the car back cuz they messed up on paper work and they are sending repo men to my house what do i do
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

The remedy for this is to sue the dealership or threaten to sue the dealership for breach of contract so that you can obtain the benefit of what you bargained for or its monetary equivalent plus any out of pocket loss and consequential damages. You can try to sue in small claims case where the damage limit is $3,500 or in Justice Court where the limit is $10,000.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me. Thank you for using Just Answer.