How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 56528
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a house in February. Passed inspection and since

Customer Question

I bought a house in February. Passed inspection and since owning it, there have been soo many things that have broken. For the most part the seller was paying to repair them as it was unbelievable the things that were happening on a newly flipped/renovated home. Since then, she has asked me to stop contacting her about the shoddy work. Its been 6 months and I am still facing issues. I am about to have to replace a brand new shower, several thousand dollars. And since her contractors have cut ties, I am starting to have to pay other repair men to come in and repair this new home. What are my options here?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

How much are your damages?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I got a quote for $10K on the shower. I've paid about $500 in other repair men coming out. The seller was supposed to field a lot of the costs. The contractors said they haven't been paid by her so they are refusing to work with me. Its been a lot of lost hours away from work and just an all around pain for a brand new renovation.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

did you buy the house as is? did seller make warranties or mislead you?

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Legally, if sold as it, you would be responsible for repairs.

If seller misled or made warranties, you can make demand for payment based on estimates and receipts.

You could then escalate with a lawyer letter, and if needed, a lawsuit.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Please rate me 5 stars.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions