Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I bought a house in February. Passed inspection and since

Customer Question
owning it, there have been...
I bought a house in February. Passed inspection and since owning it, there have been soo many things that have broken. For the most part the seller was paying to repair them as it was unbelievable the things that were happening on a newly flipped/renovated home. Since then, she has asked me to stop contacting her about the shoddy work. Its been 6 months and I am still facing issues. I am about to have to replace a brand new shower, several thousand dollars. And since her contractors have cut ties, I am starting to have to pay other repair men to come in and repair this new home. What are my options here?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
8/10/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

How much are your damages?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I got a quote for $10K on the shower. I've paid about $500 in other repair men coming out. The seller was supposed to field a lot of the costs. The contractors said they haven't been paid by her so they are refusing to work with me. Its been a lot of lost hours away from work and just an all around pain for a brand new renovation.

did you buy the house as is? did seller make warranties or mislead you?

Legally, if sold as it, you would be responsible for repairs.

If seller misled or made warranties, you can make demand for payment based on estimates and receipts.

You could then escalate with a lawyer letter, and if needed, a lawsuit.

Please rate me 5 stars.

Infolawyer, Lawyer