How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 56492
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in Colorado and purchased a used car from a dealer in

Customer Question

i am in Colorado and purchased a used car from a dealer in March 2015 for our college aged son. The car clearly had hail damage which we could see and fully understood, but when trying to trade it in the dealer ran a car fax and found that the car had been totaled for hail damage and the dealer we bought if from had bought it at an insurance auction. The fact that the car had been totaled was not revealed to us so we did not relay that info to our insurance company. Now we are trying to trade it in and a car fax has revealed this information. Our dealer can't take it on trade because it has been totaled and we have been paying full insurance premiums on a car that is not able to have full coverage.
We contacted the original dealer and he said we knew about the hail which we did but not the total and he will not provide us with any proof that he told us. I cant reach anyone in government in Colorado to find out what my options are. Do I need to get any attorney? We paid over $9,000.00 for a Honda pilot a little over a year ago and it's worthless.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.
I am sorry this happened.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!A consumer lawyer can threaten action. Often that leads to and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck.Kindly rate the answer Good or higher.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

thanks in advance.