How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm being sued by a loan company name Springleaf for $3300.

Customer Question

I'm being sued by a loan company name Springleaf for $3300. I received a summon letter from court. What should I do now?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Calif
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: That's all the info I know
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

If you were sued, your next step is to file a "responsive pleading" - in most cases this is going to be an "Answer" to the complaint.

If you are being sued for $3,300.00, I would suspect you are being sued in small claims court, this link (to the CA Courts self help site) will walk you through how to defend yourself:

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions