Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I purchased 4 new tires for my daughters car on 13 March. On

Customer Question

I purchased 4 new tires for my daughters car on 13 March. On 30 July she was driving home in a horrible rain storm when her car hydroplaned and skidded out of control, leading car flipping over and landing in a ditch. Police cited bald tires as the cause of the accident and issued her a ticket. Of the 4 tires purchased on the 13th only two were worn and I find it difficult to believe that any of these tires let alone just two of the four would have worn to state the state leading to this accident. I believe the merchant may have sold us old or defective tires, they may even have substituted retreads instead of the new tires we though we purchased. Regardless, these tires seem to have been the root cause of a serious accident that but for the grace of God could have killed my daughter so I intend to file a suit. I plan to request damages to cover cost of the lost vehicle as insurance will not cover a replacement as well as a refund of the tires purchased. That said I expect the claim will be too large to address in small claims court but too small to offset the cost of attorney fees so I will need to build a case and attempt to represent myself. I do not know where to look for needed statutes or codes, expert witnesses, or what evidentiary evidence would even be needed so will need coaching/advice from an attorney or other legal professional to help prepare my case.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

How much are your damages roughly?