How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19298
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a vehicle from a body shop that had a mechanics

Customer Question

I bought a vehicle from a body shop that had a mechanics lien, It was a parts car for me it was just a frame and cab. I got busy with my life and never titled it. Seven years later the previous owner showed up with the police and they took the truck from me, the police detective said he had title in hand. I showed him my paper work where I bought it and just forgot to title it they still took it. How can I get it back
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You would need to file a lawsuit to show the Court that you purchased the car and thus the car must be returned to you.

The lawsuit will be filed at your local Courthouse. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your quick response, I thought that is what I had to do but I thought I had to have a lawyer do it
Thank's again Keith Squier
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Keith: No, you do not need an Attorney to file the lawsuit. You can do it on your own.