How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6824
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a senior female retiree who has had 401K monies in a

Customer Question

I am a senior female retiree who has had 401K monies in a plan with former JP Morgan, Empower. There was back and forth misunderstanding and incorrect advice given to me, and I was told a check in the amount of my monies less 20% taxes was being mailed out to me, Twice within the past 3 months, I was told this and to this date I have not received such a check. It was my desire to keep my money there until I could roll it over. I had surgery in early April, and was under the impression that my money was there until I contacted Empower. Upon contacting them many times (I have dates and names), I was refused a reversal, and was told a force out decision was made by my former employee. I want my money, the whole 100% of it, and would like to know where it is!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
You will need to engage a local attorney to pursue them as I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, if I am only paying 5 dollars for this advice, I accept. If it is more, then I will contact customer service.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
We cannot represent you or contact anyone on your behalf and you have already said you have contacted the agencies you need to contact to try to get your money, so, if you would like a refund please do contact customer service. I am sorry for any confusion in what the experts on this site can or cannot do.